Our aim is to protect the environment in all of our operations as far as reasonably possible. Operating ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management System that reflects best practice in the industry.
Western is committed to achieving environmental excellence in all of our business practices and operations. Western is committed to achieving environmental excellence in all of our business practices and operations. We focus on how we can limit the effect of our work practices, products, processes, services, and waste materials on the environment. This commitment to the environment is adopted at all levels from senior management to the factory floor. We review our practices on a regular basis to ensure the highest standards.
We are committed to:
- Minimising waste by evaluating our operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote recycling, both internally and amongst our subcontractors and suppliers.
- Source products which have as little impact on the environment as is practicable.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice.
- Monitor and continually strive to improve our environment policy and procedures.
- Provide information to our employees on environmental issues.
- Encourage subcontractors to promote environmental issues.
The company maintains a rigorous system in relation to purchasing products and services, inspecting materials on receipt and monitoring supplier and subcontractor performance. Where possible we choose suppliers with high environmental standards with a commitment to the principles of waste minimisation and recycling.
We identify how we can minimise waste and maximise the energy performance of the building at the design stage. Simple Building Energy Model (SBEM) to reduce the amount of waste and also reduce the running costs of all building projects.
On our building sites and within our manufacturing environment, specific areas are laid out and labeled to facilitate the separation of materials for potential recycling, salvage, reuse and return within our manufacturing facilities and at all our building sites. Recycling and waste bins are kept clean and are clearly marked in order to avoid contamination of materials.